Geoff's Mom Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Harvest Mystery Quilt Blog Hop

Well it is Week #5 and my turn to show you my new Autumn Leaves block.

I enjoy piecing and wool applique so I decided to combine each in my block. I hope you enjoy making it. 

Click below for the pattern:
Autumn Leaves Pattern

Click below for the kit:
Autumn Leaves Kit


I've been in southern California this week sewing with my girlfriends. It has been such a blast.
I will be driving back to St. George, Utah on Saturday so orders will be shipped on Monday.
I have seen a few of the blocks coming your way. I can tell you they are wonderful.

Make sure that you get all your blocks.
 I'm enjoying following along too.

Week 6, July 22 – Kathi and Taylor, The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
Week 7 July 29 – Kathy Campbell, Heart to Hand
Week 8, August 5 – Shawn York, Rusty Crow Quilt Shop
Week 9, August 12 – Debbie Busby, Wooden Spool Designs
Week 10, August 19 – Gloria Parsons, Olde Green Cupboard Designs
Week 11, August 26 – Linda and Donna, My Red Door Designs
Week 12, September 2 – Finishing Instructions from Farmhouse Threads

http://farmhousethreads.blogspot.com


Take care and enjoy your day,
-Joyce


7 comments :

sue bennett said...

Such a sweet design.

basketnut said...

Love your block, so much fun to see a pieced block! I have to say this is my favorite! Thanks! Tammy

Sandi said...

Great idea to mix the Cootons and wool appliqué, love maple leaf designs, thank you!

magicthimblecreations said...

Love this design.
Thanks

Unknown said...

I don't understand the "star paper" have not heard of it. Can I get by without it? Like thangles?
Thks.

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I started to make your block, but am confused a bit by the directions in step 1....it says to use a "STAR SINGLES" paper....can you clarify exactly what that is, as I didn't see anything on the pattern called that...Thanks so much for sharing your talents!

sandy from BC said...

Please, what is a star paper?