Geoff's Mom Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

San Diego Quilt Show Fun


I was so excited a group of women got together weekly to sew on Fridays. Their rule was "Always dessert on Fridays!" I thought that was so cute! They made my pattern "It's A Grand Old Flag". I LOVE THEM. It was great to see all their work. They did a wonderful job. Thanks ladies!

Here are a couple of the students. I taught "Survivors". They all survived my teaching. These great ladies loved to sew so we had a marvelous time. Rosie's Calico Cupboard held a trunk show of my quilts. All the quilts shown are now available on the website. Here are a few pictures.




Kathy of Cardiff Farms and I visited "The Country Loft" where Kathy was teaching. It was great to see her again and talk to her students. We wanted something to stitch. She gave Louise and I a cute needle keep kit to take home with us. Louise has hers finished but I was the driver so I didn't quite get mine done.

 
The winner of the Sep 2 drawing is "Me and My Stitches". Wow, she is a lucky lady. We randomly draw winners and she has won twice lately. Thanks so much for all your comments. I am back and super busy. I have several new quilts in process. Hope you all are having a great day.

3 comments :

Ann in PA said...

Love all the different colorways of It's a Grand Old Flag. I just love that pattern! Thanks for all the great quilt photos.

Karen said...

How fun to see that pattern in different colors - it's a fave of mine. Glad you had a great time teaching and I'm sure you do it well.

Karen

Me and My Stitches said...

I'm so excited to be the winner! Thanks so much! Also thanks for sharing all of these wonderful quilts - gosh - what a show, they are all beautiful.